Assigning New/Existing Customer to Order Before it is Processed
1. Tap the customer popup on the top of the screen. (By default, it will say Walk-In.)
2. In the search field, you can search for an existing customer (who was already entered into the system) by first name, last name, phone number, mobile number, or company name.
- To create a new customer in the system, please see https://ehoppersupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360012280453 As soon as the new customer is created, he will automatically be assigned to the order.
- If you prefer to add a new customer quickly during the order, please see the section below: Assigning Customer to Order on Receipt Screen
3. After searching for a customer, click on the customer's name.
- The name will then appear for the order in the customer box.
Assigning New Customer to Order Quickly on Receipt Screen
1. After a payment is processed, on the Receipt screen, turn on the Email receipt toggle and enter the customer's email address in the field.
2. Select the Add new customer? switch so it turns green and then new fields will appear for entering the customer's First Name and Last Name.
Note: this option will not be available if a customer was already selected for the order.
3. Select the Done button.
- The customer will be created in the system, saving their email address, name, and order information, which can be viewed on their Customer Details screen.
- The customer can also be searched for and selected for future orders.