Canada Freedom customers can process card payments on eHopper once their credit card terminal is set up (either Poynt, DejaVoo, or Moneris).
- Must be a Freedom Package customer and have installed the Credit/Debit POS Integration app in the Back Office App Directory.
Must have selected Canada from the Country drop-down in the Store Settings Contacts tab in Back Office.
Before you can process credit card payments, you must first select the payment gateway in the Payment Gateway tab in Store Settings on Back Office.
- Terminal must be set up on Terminal Setup page in POS.
- Credit card payments are only available when online and when device is connected to same network as terminal.
- Can only be performed by Administrator, Manager, and Salesperson employee roles.
1. After selecting one or more product(s) in the catalog, click on the green All Payments button on the bottom left of the screen.
2. Select Card Payments as the payment method. Both credit and debit cards can be used with this selection.
- The payment flow and signature options will depend on the card and business type and will be pre-determined by the terminal.
3. Under Tips, select the box of where the customer will add tips: either On screen or terminal.(Tips cannot be placed on receipts in Canada).
Note: If the EBT app is installed, tips will not be enabled and the Tips screen will not appear.
- If Tips 'On screen' was selected, on the Tips screen, choose whether to input the tip amount as a % or $ amount via the blue toggle switch. Then, input the tip amount with the calculator (the keyboard shortcut buttons that appear depend on what was inputted in the Tips tab of Store Settings in Back Office). Select the Process button when done.
4. On the Card Payment screen, either swipe/insert the card or click on the Enter card manually switch to enter the card info manually.
- If inputting manually, enter the card number and expiration date in their respective fields, using the calculator or your keyboard and then click the Process button.
- If you did not choose to enter card info manually, swipe/insert the card on your terminal.
5. On the Receipt screen:
- On the right side, you can choose the Receipt language in the drop-down and select either to Print receipt and/or Email receipt.
- You also have the option to Print kitchen receipt if enabled for one of the products in the order in the Products section of Back Office.
- If the Print Receipt or Print Kitchen Receipt option was turned off for a transaction, it will be turned off by default for future transactions until it is turned on again for another transaction.
- If you selected Email receipt, you will have the option to create the customer in the system, saving his email address, name, and order information. To do this, select the Add new customer? switch so it turns green and then you will have the ability to enter his First Name and Last Name. Note: this option will not be available if a customer was already selected for the order.
6. Click DONE to finalize the payment and print/email the receipt(s).
- A Merchant copy and Customer copy of the receipt will print for every transaction. The Merchant copy will display a field for customer signature if the signature was not already inputted on the terminal (signature can not be saved 'On screen' in Canada).