Table of Contents
- iPad 4
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
Included with Device:
- Rotatable stand that holds and charges iPad
- Integrated Star TSP100iii 80mm printer with auto-cutter and print speed of 230mm/sec
- Built-in 4 bill, 5 coin cash drawer
- Built-in omnidirectional 1D/2D barcode scanner
- Integrated 2×16 customer display screen
- Supports WIFI and Bluetooth Technology
- Compatible with all equipment that eHopper supports on iPad
Setting Up Your iPad with the Elo Device
1. Place the dock that corresponds to your iPad model onto the Elo device.
2. Place your iPad into the dock.
3. Plug the Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad power cord into the bottom of the Elo device.
- The Elo device should turn on.
4. Turn on your iPad.
Integrated Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad Barcode Scanner Setup
Note: The following steps must be done before downloading the eHopper POS app on your iPad. If the eHopper app is already installed, delete it after syncing (all data will be saved).
1. Go to the App Store and install the Elo PayPoint Framework app.
2. Open the app and select the Barcode tab on the bottom of the screen.
3. Tap the Trigger BCR link.
4. Return to the App Store and install the eHopper POS app.
5. Open the app and log in to POS with your credentials.
6. Select to Sync from the left navigation menu.
7. Take the barcode of an item that was already set up in the eHopper Back Office (the UPC Code must have been entered and saved for the item) and hold, it facing the scanner, about a few inches away.
- The scanned item should appear in the shopping cart.
Note: The SocketMobile Series 7 CHS 7Ci scanner will work with the iPad as well. For set up instructions, please see https://ehoppersupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011774348-Socket-Mobile-Scanner-Setup-for-iPad
Integrated Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad Printer Setup
1. Go to your iPad Settings and tap Bluetooth.
2. Connect to the Star TSP100-173CBB printer.
3. Log in to the eHopper POS app on the iPad.
4. In the left navigation menu, tap on Settings--->Printer Setup
5. On Printer Settings screen, tap Search for printer on the top right.
6. The TSP143lllBl printer should show up under both Receipt Printers and Kitchen Printers. Check off the box(es) of whichever one(s) you would like to set up the printer to print.
Note: For kitchen receipts to print, you must select the Kitchen Receipt option in the Receipt tab of your Back Office Store Settings.
7. Choose either 80mm or 58mm as the paper width for one or both printer types.
- If there is currently no paper in the printer, input the paper roll into the Elo printer.
8. The option Print test page will appear to the right of the printer. Tap it to print a test page to ensure that the printer is set up properly.
9. Confirm your printer settings by tapping the DONE button.
- The printer should now be set up to work in eHopper.
Note: All external printers that are compatible with eHopper on iPads will work with the Elo device as well: eHopper BTP-R180II, Star TSP100 LAN, and Star Bluetooth TSP650II. For set up instructions, please see https://ehoppersupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115002749328-iPad
Integrated Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad Cash Drawer Setup
1. In the eHopper POS app, navigate to the left navigation menu and tap on Settings--->Cash Drawer.
2. Tap Search for cash drawer.
3. In list of printers that appear, select the TSP143lllBl printer.
4. Tap the Test link to the right of the selected printer. If the drawer opens, it is working properly.
5. Confirm cash drawer settings by tapping DONE.
- The cash drawer should now be set up to work in eHopper.
Note: All external cash drawers that are compatible with eHopper on iPads will work with the Elo device as well: eHopper 16" Cash Drawer, APG Vasario Cash Drawer, and M-S Cash Drawer CF–405-M-B. For set up instructions, please see https://ehoppersupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115002749328-iPad
Customer Display Screen on Elo PayPoint Plus for iPad
- When logged in to eHopper POS, the display screen says "Welcome to [Store name]."
- As each item is added to the shopping cart, the customer screen displays the most recent item's quantity, name, and price in the first line and the total price of the order in the second line.
- When on the payment screen, the customer screen only displays the total price of the order.