You can customize and then export and print readily made barcode labels for products and ingredients.
- Must be a Freedom Package customer.
- Must install the Barcode Labels app in the Back Office App Directory.
- For each item you would like to print barcodes for, you need to have already inputted either the UPC code or product SKU in the UPC/Barcode and SKU fields respectively in the General tab of the product or Ingredient.
- If you would like to print from an iPad, please ensure that your printer supports AirPrint. For more info, please see: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201387 and https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201311
- If you would like to print from an Android, please see https://www.androidcentral.com/how-print-your-android-phone-or-tablet
1. In the Back Office left navigation menu, go to Apps--->Barcode Labels
2. Select either the Products or Ingredients tab depending on which you would like to print barcodes for.
Note: Barcode labels for matrix variants can also be printed but not for the general matrix product.
3. To the right of the ID column header, select either the UPC or product SKU option, depending on which you would like to appear on the barcode(s).
- Your products' UPC's or SKU's (depending on which option was selected) will then appear in the list. However, for a specific product's UPC and/or SKU to appear, it has to have already been created for the product in the system (SKU's for all products can be automatically generated in Company Settings).
4. Choose either the Display list option or to search for each item one by one in the search bar (by either ID, Name, UPC, or product SKU).
- If the 'Display list' box was selected, you can filter the product list by Store, Department, and Category from their respective drop-down menus, to more easily customize the products you would like to print barcodes for. Once your preferred filter options are selected, either select the Search button or press on the Enter key on your keyboard for the filtered list to appear.
- Any quantities entered within a certain filtered category will remain in the list even after switching the filter to a different category.
- By default, the quantity displayed in the 'Qty' field will be 0 for each listed item.
With the 'Display list' box selected, you can select the Quantity on Hand checkbox to have the current quantity on hand for each listed item (with the selected filters) within the selected store instantly pre-populated in the ‘Qty’ field, to easily print the correct quantity of barcodes for each item. The field will still be able to be edited.
- If the 'Quantity on Hand' box is deselected, all item quantities displayed in the Qty field will go back to 0.
- If you deselect the 'Display list' box while the 'Quantity on Hand' box is selected, all the item quantities displayed in the 'Qty' box will remain and you will be able to delete the rows for products you do not want to print barcodes for by selecting the red X that appears to the right of each row.
- When 'Display list' is deselected and 'Quantity on Hand' selected, any items added to the list via the search box will also instantly have their quantities pre-populated in the 'Qty' field.
5. In the product list grid, choose if you would like an item's Display name (which may be edited) and Display price to appear on the label by selecting the corresponding box to the left of the item name/price.
- Display price does not appear as an option for ingredients – only products.
6. Specify the quantity of barcode labels that you would like to be exported (and printed) for one item or multiple items at once (unless the correct amount is already in the field after selecting the 'Quantity on Hand' box).
- The barcode will include the UPC code you inputted in the UPC/Barcode field in the General tab of the product or Ingredient.
7. When all quantities are inputted, select the Export button.
8. A drop-down will appear with the following size options for printing the labels onto a label sheet: 4" x 2" - 10 Labels Per Sheet, 2.625" x 1" - 30 Labels Per Sheet, or 1.75" x 0.5" - 80 Labels Per Sheet. Select one of these options.
- The barcode labels will be exported as a PDF.
9. Place a label sheet that corresponds to the label size you chose onto your printer and then print the exported PDF.
- The barcode labels should print directly onto the labels on the label sheet.