Table of Contents
What are Cash Discounts?
- Cash discounts are a type of surcharge that allow you to completely eliminate your monthly processing fees. A small service fee is added to all customers' orders before they are processed. When a customer pays by cash, the fee is discounted. All who do not pay by cash will be charged the additional fee, which will appear on the receipt.
- Legal in all states
- You do not need to inform credit card brands prior to use.
- Customers must be informed in advance about cash discount fees through signage.
- Example cash discount signage:
Disclaimer: The above is for information purposes only. eHopper is not liable for any non-compliance with rules and regulations arising out of your use of this program.
Using Cash Discounts on eHopper POS
1. Configure Cash Discounts in Back Office
- Go to Apps--->App Directory and install the Merchant Fee Programs app.
Note: The Merchant Fee Programs app cannot be installed while the EBT Card app is installed.
2. Once installed, select Apps--->Merchant Fee Programs from the left navigation menu.
3. In the upper right corner, select New--->New Cash Discount.
4. Enter the Fee Name that will be applied to all non-cash transactions, the Cash Discount Name that will be applied to all cash transactions, and the Rate of the fee (could be flat fee or percentage).
5. Optionally select the Include tax in cash discount fee box to include the order tax in the cash discount fee rate.
6. Ensure that Is Active is selected and click Done.
7. Go to Settings--->Company Settings--->Merchant Fee tab.
8. Select the cash discount you want to use from the drop-down list.
9. Select Done.
- Follow steps 7-9 for each store, with selecting Store Settings from the Settings menu.
2. Apply Cash Discount on POS
- Log in to POS.
- Select Synchronize from left navigation or top right of page.
- Select any product(s) and the system will display the cash discount fee that you set up automatically.
- If a customer is paying via any payment type other than cash (credit, debit, external payment, etc), the Cash Discount Fee will remain and there will be no Cash Discount provided (it will appear as $0).
- If a customer pays by cash, the Cash Discount Fee remains, but a Cash Discount will be provided that equals the amount of the Cash Discount Fee.
5. Once processed, select to either print or email the receipt. This receipt will include the cash discount fee and cash discount.
Receipt from Cash Payment
Receipt From Non-Cash Payment
- After processing Cash Discount Fees (for transactions where Cash Discounts were not provided), the system will display the info in the Merchant Fee Programs Report and Z Report.
- Disclaimer: The above is for information purposes only. eHopper is not liable for any non-compliance with rules and regulations arising out of your use of this program.