Table of Contents
After creating taxes in Back Office, you can choose to either include or exempt taxes from a specific order in POS and then view the taxes applied to the order.
Adding Tax to Order
1. In Back Office, you must have added the tax agency assigning the tax and the specific tax you want to apply to order on the Tax Agency and Tax Manager pages (found under Settings in left navigation menu). Click on Tax Agencies and Tax Manager to learn more.
2. Also in Back Office, add the tax to the specific product by going to Inventory--->Products---->click on Taxes tab--->select store from Store drop-down--->click + button--->select tax name from Name drop-down--->clicking Done button. Can also learn more by clicking on Tax Agencies and Tax Manager.
3. Sync data in POS
- When select that product for shopping cart, tax amount will automatically be added to order.
Providing Tax Exemption
After selecting item(s) for order, click the More menu on the bottom of the screen and then select Tax Exempt from the pop up.
- Click More button--->Taxable to add the tax back in.
Pay Tax for Customer
To pay tax for a particular customer, click the More button--->Include Tax from pop up.
- The tax will be deducted from the customer and will instead will be paid by your store.
- Click on More button--->Revert Tax to once again place tax on customer.
View All Taxes Applied to Order
In Back Office, go to Settings--->Company Settings--->click on General tab--->check off the Show list of taxes on order box--->click Done Button. Then, in POS, Sync data.
A) In shopping cart: In POS, after selecting product(s) for order, you will be able to view the list of taxes and their respective tax values applied to the order.
B) On printed/emailed receipt: List of taxes for order will also appear on the printed/emailed receipt.
- When the Show list of taxes on order box is left blank in Back Office, you will only be shown the total Tax value applied to the order in both the shopping cart and printed/emailed receipt.
C) On Order Details screen: You can only view the total tax applied to order and not the list of individual taxes.