You can manually process cash or credit card payments in Terminal Mode.
Note: Your terminal must be set up first.
To process terminal payments:
1) Tap on the blue 'Terminal' button in the shopping cart.
2) On the 'Terminal' screen, select either Cash or Credit Card as the payment method.
3) For cash payments, input the Amount Due and Amount Tendered in their respective fields, using the calculator on the screen.
4) For credit card payments, input the Amount Due in that field using the calculator, check off whether you would like to enter the card manually (if so, additional fields will pop up to input the credit card number and expiration date, and select whether you would like the customer to sign on the screen, the receipt, or the terminal.
4) Click on the "PROCESS" button on the calculator.
5) On the Receipt screen, choose whether you would like to print or email the receipt by checking off the respective box.
6) Click "DONE."
Important notes about Terminal Mode:
- Terminal Mode is only available when the shopping cart is empty.
- In Terminal Mode, only cash or credit card payments are available.
- Cash payments processed in Terminal Mode are available online and offline; Credit card payments via Terminal Mode are only available online.
- Only positive payments are allowed in Terminal Mode.
- Taxes and tips cannot be applied to payments via Terminal Mode.
- Payments processed in Terminal Mode are listed in the 'Orders' section and calculated in reports.
- Payments processed in Terminal Mode can be voided and refunded.
- Kitchen receipts cannot be printed for payments processed in Terminal mode.