Format of Inventory File
You can import inventory from a *.csv file via Back Office.
To import Inventory, create a *.csv file with the headers properly formatted.
CSV files that use headers require the first line of the file to contain the names of the columns. Subsequent lines should contain inventory data.
The column names in inventory files should be in the default language of the account.
The file should contain the following columns:
- Product Name columns – these columns contain the name of the product on languages of the Account.
The name of the product should be text, up to 255 characters in length.
- Description - The description of product. The description of the product should be text with up to 255 characters length.
- Department - The Department the product belongs to. The Department should be text with up to 255 characters length.
- Category - The Category the product belongs to. The Department should be text with up to 255 characters length. Category is a subset of Department.
- UPC Code – The UPC code of the product. This is the string of 8, 12, or 13 digits which defines the bar code of Product.
- Product Status - Active or Inactive. Active = Item will appear in the Register; Inactive = Item will NOT appear in the register.
- Cost - How much the item costs to you. This value should be represented as an amount in the format 9.99. Value of cost should be defined in the Company Currency which is defined on Company settings.
- Price Type – The type of price used for products (Fixed or Manual). Fixed means that Sales Price for Product is defined in Back Office. Manual means that the Sales price for Product is defined on POS when Product is being added to Shopping Cart.
- Unit – The name/abbreviation for measurement labels. The supported values of Unit are: Item, in, ft, yd, mi, fl oz, pt, cp, gal, l, oz, lb, g, kg.
- Sales Price (per Store) - Price per 1 unit of Product. This value should be setas amount in the format 9.99. Sales Price value should be set in the Company Currency, which is set on Company settings.ж
- Taxable (per Store) – defines if product is Taxable. Possible values: Yes and No.
- Discountable (per Store) - defines if product is Discountable. Possible values: Yes and No.
- Quantity on Hand (per Store) - How many of units of Product are available in Stock. This
value should be represented as amount in the format 9.99. Value of Quantity on Hand may be positive, 0, or negative.
- Minimum Quantity (per Store) - Number for "low inventory" alert for Reorder Report. This value should be represented as amount in the format 9.99.
- Recommended Quantity (per Store) - Number for how much you should have at full-stock. This value should be represented as amount in the format 9.99.
- Vendor – The name of the Primary Vendor of the Product. The Vendor name of the product should be text with up to 255 characters in length.
- Vendor SKU – Vendor’s SKU of the Product. The Vendor’s SKU should be text with up to 255 characters length.
The following columns are required:
- Product Name (for default language)
- Product Status
- Price Type
- Sales Price
‘Column is required’ means that it cannot contain an empty value.
Conditionally Required Columns
- Vendor column is required when Cost or Vendor SKU is defined for Product
- Vendor SKU is required when Cost or Vendor is defined for Product
- Cost is required when Vendor or Vendor SKU is defined for Product
- UPC code may be not unique in the Inventory file.
- Combination of Product Name, Department and Category should be unique in The Inventory file.
- The maximum size of the file to upload should be 10MB. In case file is oversized, split it to smaller files and update them individually.
- In case the product is already present in the Inventory, Its details will be overwritten by products attributes from csv file.
- Import of file is done until the first error, at which point the process is halted. A CSV file cannot be uploaded partially. When first error occurs, import is stopped and no records from Inventory file are added to System. You will be shown the reason of error.
- If product being imported has a Department which doesn't exist in the System, the Department should be created together with the importing of records. Department is identified by Name.
- If product being imported has Category which doesn't exist in the System - the Category is created. Category is identified by Name.
- If a product being imported has a unit of measure which doesn't exist in the System, the import error occurs. Unit of measure is identified by name/abbreviation.
- The following fields with names may contain comma, spaces, quotes, colons, and semicolons. In this case, names in these fields should be noted.
- Product Name
- If an imported product has a Vendor which doesn't exist in the System, an import error will occur. The vendor is identified by name.
- For the same Vendor, the Vendor’s SKU should be unique.
- If any product name column contains the identifier of a language which is not setup as Account Language, you will encounter an error while import.
- Value of cost and sales price is defined in the Account Currency.
To import inventory:
- Press the arrow on the New Item button and select Import Inventory item:
- Click Get Template button and download the template for your Account.
- Update the template with your inventory items
- Select *.csv file to import:
- Press Done button. System imports the selected *.csv contents and displays a result message: