This section allows the managing the Product catalog and Stock of the Merchant.
View our video on Inventory Setup below.
Specifically, you can manage:
The Product Catalog is organized hierarchically. Departments are at the top.
In each Department there may be 0, 1 or more Categories. Inside the Categories there are Products. The Category can belong only to 1 Department. The Product can belong only to 1 Category.
Products screen shows the list of all Products available in Product catalog.
You need to add Product to Product Catalog to be able to sell it on POS.
You can watch our video Product Management.
Products windows contain:
- List of registered products
- Search Product button
- New Item button
A list of products contains the following columns:
- ID –POS assigns ID to the product during creation. ID is visible in different parts of POS and allows identifying the product.
- Item – product name
- Category – name of the product category
- Cost – product cost
- Price – product price
- Margin –
POS calculates Margin column value by the formula: (Price-Cost)/Cost*100
- Quantity – product quantity on hand
- Inventory Value – calculated by the formula: Quantity * Price
- Status – product status
To filter only specific products on the screen, start writing in the search field:
To add a product to the Catalog, tap New Item button on the Products screen:
Or select “Import Inventory” option to import inventory from file in a specific format (see Import Inventory section):
New Inventory Item screen consists of the following tab pages:
In the General tab page, specify:
- Product name, up to 100 characters:
- Product description:
- Product department among previously registered:
- Product category among linked to product department selected above:
- In UPC field, specify the value should of 8, 12, 13 digits:
- “Active” flag regulates product visibility in POS:
To assign an image to a product, for visualization in a POS product chooser screen, press the button:
On this tab, you can define translations of Product Name and Description to Account languages.
Custom prices can be set for products in specific stores, and the custom price will only apply to your selected store, and the prices in your other stores for the same item will remain unchanged.
Furthermore, you can define if the selected product is taxable and discountable in the specified store. The product may be taxable at a company level, but not taxable in the specified store.
To set custom prices, taxes and discounts for products in a specified store, select Store in the dropdown list at the bottom of the page and click on the “+” button. The record for the specified store will be added to your list of stores. Then set the values for sales price, tax, and discount and click “Done”.
The Store List in the Pricing tab contains stores where sales price, tax, and discount rates are customized.
To apply to product in Store S general for Company values of attributes Sales Price, Taxable, Discountable just remove the Store S Record from Stores List on Pricing Tab.
In the Pricing tab page, specify:
- Select the price type value among ‘Fixed’ and ‘In Store’ values:
When ‘Fixed’ value is selected it will not allow to modify the price in POS.
When ‘In Store’ value is selected it will allow to modify the price in POS.
- Select the unit of measure among predefined:
- Specify the price per unit:
- Specify if the product is taxable:
- Specify if the product is discountable:
When Product is being sold on POS User can customize a product by adding modifiers linked to a product.
Linking modifier to Product is done on Modifiers Tab.
To link a modifier with a product:
- Select modifier type:
- Update modifier’s attributes (name, price, default, is active) if needed:
Also on Modifiers Tab User can define translations of Modifier name and Modifier options to Account languages.
Modifiers can be assigned to specific products for all stores within your company, and make changes to the behavior of the modifiers.
Example: The “Size” modifier has three options assigned to a product, and you can modify the price for each “Size” modifier for a specific product and/or store.
Vendors tab allows defining vendor(s) of product and vendor’s attributes of product.
To link a product with vendor:
- Select vendors among registered:
- Specify the following values
- Vendor Name
- Select primary product. POS allows to select only one primary product:
To remove Vendor from the list of Vendors of Product:
- Press red 'x' button at the right of the selected vendor’s product.
The Ordering tab allows you to monitor your stores stock, and each store has their own stock.
To define the stock on hand for a specific store, specify the value in the “Quantity” field within the record related to the specified store. The total quantity will be calculated as sum of the quantities among your stores.
The Minimum Quantity and Recommended Quantity can be defined for the company and overwritten for the specified store.
To define the custom values of Minimum Quantity and Recommended Quantity, enter the custom values in the correspondent fields.
Departments and categories allow creating the hierarchical structure of the product catalog.
Department window contains the following list of columns:
- Department Name
- Delete department button
To create a department, click on the ‘New Department’ button.
On new Department screen, input:
- Department name
- Department Description
- Define if department is active
On the New Department Screen User can define translations of Department name and Department description for the Account languages.
To delete the category, either:
- tap/click the red X button next to the record
- switch the checkbox at the to delete and click/tap “Delete Selected”
Categories screen contains the list of Categories of Product Catalog.
Categories window contains the following list of columns:
- Category Name
- Department Name
- Delete category button
To add new Category, click on ‘New Category’ item on categories screen.
On New Category screen input:
- Category Name
- Category Description
- Select Department
- Define if Category is active
On the New Category screen User can define translations of Category name and Category description for the Account languages.
To delete the selected category, press on the red 'x' button:
Modifiers allow configuring different product modifications.
Check out our video on creating modifiers.
POS supports modifiers of the following types:
To add a new modifier:
- Press the button “New Modifier”:
- Select modifier type:
- Specify modifier name, price and "is active" flag:
During a sale, you can customize a product by selecting modifiers linked to a product:
While adding/updating the Modifier on New/Edit Modifier screen User can define translation of Modifier name and Modifier options to Account Languages.
A user with the roles Sales Manager, Back Office Operator, or Administrator can transfer products from one store to another.
Sales Manager/Back Office Operator can only transfer between stores that are assigned to them.
To do transfer you need:
- Click/Tap on the item in the inventory section on the navigation menu
- On the Store Transfer, page select 'Store Out' and note the store that will be transferring the item. Store Out should not be identical to Store In.
- Select 'Store In' and note the store that will be receiving the item. Store In should not be equal to Store Out
- Select items to transfer and their respective quantities
- Click/Tap on ‘Transfer’ button
- Transferred will be removed from the stock of the transferring store and added to the stock of the receiving one
The history of your Store Transfers will be available in the Store Transfer Report.
Users assigned the roles of Sales Manager, Back Office Operator, or Administrator can receive products from a vendor by using Purchase Order Receiving.
Sales Manager/Back Office Operator can receive stock only for stores which they are assigned to.
To receive stock:
- Click/Tap on the received item in Inventory section of left navigation menu in Back Office
- On the PO Receiving page, select the vendor you are receiving the stock from.
- Then select the store receiving the stock using Store In.
- You can enter in a Ref Number if provided one by your vendor.
- Select which products to receive, as well as the quantities to receive
- Click/Tap on the Receive button
- Items from the PO Receiving list will be added to the receiving stores stock
The PO Receiving history will be available in the Store Transfer Report.