Table of Contents
This section shows how to create, edit, delete, and view information on Departments, Categories, and Products that appear in your product catalog in POS. This includes assigning a sales price to items, creating modifiers, assigning vendors to products, and managing the inventory of stock.
- Create Department and Category for Product: For instructions, please follow the following link: https://ehoppersupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115012215688
1. Click on Inventory-->Products in the left navigation menu.
2. Select the blue New Item button on the top right of the screen.
3. Select the blue Create button under Inventory Item.
Note: If creating a Matrix Item, you would click the Create button that appears below that. For instructions on creating a matrix product, please click this link: Creating Inventory Matrix.
- You will be moved to the New Inventory Item screen, consisting of the following tabs, placed on the top of the screen. You can navigate between the different tabs by clicking on them.
Note: Only the General and Pricing tabs are mandatory to fill out when creating a product.
1. Select whether the item you are creating is an Inventory, Non-inventory, or Serialized item by clicking the bubble to the left of the option.2. Input the Product Name (up to 100 characters) and optionally provide a Product Short Name and Product Description in those respective fields. You can also choose a color to represent the product in your shopping cart in POS by selecting a color in the Product Display Color drop-down menu.
- You can input translations for Product Name and Product Description for all the languages selected as an Account language for your store(s) (set in Localization tab of Store Settings) by selecting a certain language tab and inputting the translations for that language in the respective fields.
3. Select both the department and category you would like to associate the product with in the Select Department and Select Category drop-down menus respectively (both had to have already been created).
4. Optionally input the product’s UPC in the UPC field. It should be either 8, 12, or 13 digits.
5. Check off the Is Active box to make the product go live on POS.
6. Optionally provide an image to represent the product in the product catalog in POS by clicking the Browse image square and selecting the image in your computer files.
1. Select what store(s) you would like to assign the product to in the Stores drop-down menu.
2. Select whether you would like the product to be at a Fixed price that could not be modified or one that you could manually enter and change for each order in POS in the Price Type drop-down.
3. Select the unit of measurement you will be selling the product by in the Unit drop-down menu. Select Item if you are selling the product by the item.
4. If you selected Fixed as the Price Type, input the price of the item per unit of measurement in the Sales Price field.
5. By default, the All Discountable field be checked off, meaning there will be an option to provide a discount to the product. If you do not want the option to provide a discount for the product, uncheck the field by clicking on it .
6. If you would like to set individual prices for the product in specific stores, select a store you would like to assign a specific price to in the drop-down menu under the Store column. These prices would override the one’s set above at the company level.
- Then, click the + sign next to that field and input the price of the item for that store in the field under the Sales Price column.
- Repeat these steps again in the next row to assign a price to a different store.
7. If you would like to add a modifier to the product, scroll up and click on the Modifiers tab at the top of the screen. Otherwise, click the Done button or click on a different tab.
8. If you are done creating the product, be sure to sync your data the next time you log in to POS To ensure the product goes live.
You can customize a product by adding modifiers to it and adjusting its attributes, such as price.
Modifiers can be assigned to specific products for all stores within your company, and make changes to the behavior of the modifiers.
Example: The “Size” modifier has three options assigned to a product, and you can modify the price for each “Size” modifier for a specific product and/or store.
Check out our video below on creating modifiers:
To Add a Modifier to Product:
1. On the ‘Modifiers’ page, select what store(s) you would like to add a modifier to the product for in the Stores drop-down menu.
2. Select the modifier type you want to add for the product in the Select modifier type drop-down menu.
The modifier options are:
- Modifier Group: Provide different prices for the product depending on size, number of units, color, etc.
- Add-ons: Provide option to add an additional element to product. Ex: Extra cheese on pizza, butter on popcorn, etc.
- Exceptions: Provide option to exclude element of product to an order. Ex: Hamburger without lettuce, chicken without sauce, etc.
3. Define the modifier attributes:
3A. If adding Modifier Group:
- Go to the ‘GROUPS’ section and click on the + sign.
- Select the ‘Group Name’ by entering it into that field. Ex: Size, Number of Units, Color, etc,
- Add an option for the group by inputting it in the ‘Option’ field. Ex: One of large, medium, or small if ‘Group Name’ is ‘Size.’
- Select the price for that particular group option in the ‘Price’ field.
- If you want that group option to be the default for the product in the shopping cart, click on the circle next to “Default.”
- To add another group option to the product (Ex: Another one of large, medium, or small), click the + sign below the field row for the first option and then repeat the same steps above in the new field row that appears.
- Check off the ‘Is Active’ box to make the modifier group go live on POS. It will already be checked off by default. Uncheck it to make the modifier inactive.
- Create another modifier group for the item by clicking on the + sign under the ‘Is Active’ box and repeat the same steps as above.
- Click on the red X next to a group name to delete it.
3B. If adding Add-on:
- Go to the ADD-ONS section and click on the + sign.
- Select the Modifier Name by entering it into that field. Ex: Extra cheese, butter, sauce, etc.
- Select the price for the add-on in the ‘Price’ field.
- Check off the ‘Is Active’ box to make the add-on go live on POS. It will already be checked off by default. Uncheck it to make it inactive.
- Create another add-on for the item by clicking on the + sign under the add-on field row you just added and repeat the same steps as above.
- Click on the red X next to an add-on to delete it.
3C. If adding Exception:
- Go to the EXCEPTIONS section and click on the + sign.
- Select the Modifier Name by entering it into that field. Ex: No lettuce, no sauce, etc
- Select the price for the exception in the Price field.
- Check off the Is Active box to make the exception go live on POS. It will already be checked off by default. Uncheck it to make it inactive.
- Create another exception for the item by clicking on the + sign under the exception field row you just added and repeat the same steps as above.
- Click on the red X next to an exception to delete it.
4. Click the blue Done button.
5. To ensure the modifier(s) for the item go live, be sure to Sync your data the next time you log in to POS.
- You can input translations for modifier name and modifier options for all the languages selected as an Account language for your store(s) (set in Localization tab of Store Settings) by selecting a certain language tab and inputting the translations in the respective fields.
The Vendors tab allows you to assign a vendor to a product and input the specific vendor information as applies to that product.
Requirements: You must have already created the vendor you want to assign the product to.
If Vendor for Product Not Yet Created:
1. Go to Inventory--->Products--->Vendors tab---> Click on New Vendor button.
2. In the General tab, input the Vendor Name in that field.
3. Select the type of vendor in the ‘Vendor Type drop-down menu. The options are ‘Manufacturer,’ ‘Master Dealer,’ ‘Shipper,’ and ‘Vendor.’
4. Optionally input the vendor’s Tax ID and any Notes you would like to add regarding the vendor in those respective fields.
5. Check off the Is Active box to make the vendor active. It will already be checked off by default. Uncheck it to make the vendor inactive.
6. Optionally input the vendor’s contact info by clicking on the Contact Info tab on the top of the page and entering their info in the various fields.
7. Click the blue Done button.
Once Product Vendor is Created:
1. Go to Inventory--->Products--->Vendors tab
2. Select a preexisting vendor for the product in the Search vendors drop-down menu.3. In the row that appears, input the product’s SKU in the SKU column and the amount the item costs for you to acquire in the Cost column.
- If there are multiple vendors for the product, select the Primary vendor in that column.
- To remove a vendor from a product, click the red 'x' button to the right of the vendor’s row.
4. Click the blue Done button.
The Ordering tab allows you to monitor the stock of the selected product at the company level and in each of your stores individually.
To Set Quantities of Product at Company Level:
- Select the stores you want to set the quantities for in the Stores drop-down menu.
- In that same row, input the Recommended Quantity and Minimum Quantity in their respective fields.
- The total remaining quantity of the product in all stores is displayed in the Total Quantity field.
To Set Different Quantities of Product for Individual Stores:
1. Select the stores you want to set the quantities for in the Stores drop-down menu.
2. In the section below, rows will appear for each of the stores you selected, where you input the individual Recommended Quantity and Minimum Quantity you prefer for each one.
- The quantity remaining of the product in each store will be displayed in the Quantity field.
- The quantities you input for specific stores would override the company quantities you set only in those selected stores.
3. Click the Done button.
You must have already created the tax you want to add to the product in Tax Manager.
Adding Tax to Product
1. Select the store you want to add a tax on the product for in the Store drop-down menu and click the + sign.
2. Select the tax name in the Name drop-down menu. The tax rate you set for that tax in Tax Manager will automatically appear in the Rate field.
- If you would like the tax to be added to the product in all stores that the product is sold, make sure the All taxable box is checked.
3. If you want to add a tax on the product for another store, repeat the same steps above.
4. Click Done button.