Table of Contents
Overview: On eHopper POS, you can process cash, credit card, debit cards EBT, external, and split payments.
Requirements: Processing payments may only be performed by Administrator, Manager and Salesperson roles.
Process Order Directly in Shopping Cart:
1. After selecting one or more product(s) in the catalog, click on the green Cash button on the bottom left of the screen.
2. You will be sent to the Cash Payment page. Input the cash received from the customer in the Amount tendered field, using the calculator that appears or your keyboard.
- The total Amount due appears on the top of the screen.
- On the calculator are shortcut options: Exact allows the exact amount due to appear in Amount tendered field (if customer paid exact price), while the $10 and $20 options will automatically input those amounts into the field.
- Order details appear on the left side of the screen.
3. Click PROCESS button
4. On the Receipt screen, you can:
- Choose the Receipt language by selecting it from the drop-down
- Choose to either Email receipt or Print receipt by tapping the switch to the right of the option (if selected, will appear as blue).
- If you purchased the Marketing & Loyalty app, you can perform a Loyalty Check-In for the customer by tapping the switch (will appear green when on).
- If the amount tendered is larger than the amount due, the Change due will be displayed.
5. Click DONE button to confirm.
Process Saved Order:
1. Select Orders in the left navigation menu.
2. Select the saved order you would like to reopen.
3. Click the Open button on the bottom of the Order Details screen.
4. Click on the green Cash button and follow the same procedure as you would with a normal cash transaction (as described above).
- You can also make modifications to order after reopening it.
- Before you can process credit card payments. you must first select the payment gateway in the Payment Gateway tab in Store Settings on Back Office.
- Credit card payments are only available when online.
Process Order Directly in Shopping Cart:
1. After selecting one or more product(s) in the catalog, click on the green All Payments button on the bottom left of the screen.
2. Select Credit Card as the payment method.
3. On the Credit Card Payment screen, either swipe the card or click on the switch to enter the card info manually.
4. If inputting manually, enter the card number and expiration date in their respective fields, using the calculator. The fields for Zip and CVV2 are optional.
5. Check off the Signature on Screen box if you would like the customer to sign on the screen.
6. Click DONE to confirm.
7. On the Tips screen, choose whether to input the tip amount as a % or $ amount by clicking on the arrow next to the green symbol. Then, input the tip amount with the calculator.
8. On the Receipt screen:
- On the right side, you can view the Total Due for the order, have the customer input their signature, and select either to print and/or email the receipt.
- Click DONE to finalize the payment.
- When PAX is setup as the payment gateway for the register, after selecting Credit Card as payment method, you will be moved to the Credit Card Payment screen for PAX. .
- On this screen select how Card will be read and how Tips and signature will be input
- Tap 'Continue'
- Process Payment on PAX
- Print receipt and email receipt when needed
Debit Card Payment is available when PAX is selected as Payment Gateway and setting ‘Enable Debit Card Payments’ is switched ON for register in Back office. In this case, additional payment method ‘Debit Card’ is available in Choose Payment Method popup in Shopping Cart on POS.
When User selects Debit Payment – Payment will be processed via Debit Payment Network.
For Debit Payment there are some restrictions listed below:
- Debit Card can be processed only via card swipe (for both types of cards magstripe cards and cards with chip).
- Orders paid by Debit Card cannot be voided
- Debit Card payment cannot be used in Split payment for Order
- When Debit card payment is used, option ‘Tips on Receipt’ is not supported. User can select either ‘Tips on screen’ or ‘Tips on terminal’
- When Debit Card Payment is used, User cannot input card manually. Card should be only swiped.
To pay for Order via Debit Card do the following steps:
- Complete your Shopping Cart
- Select Debit Card in Choose Payment Method popup
- Select method in input tips, tap 'CONTINUE'
- Process your payment on Terminal: input Tips and Signature
- After notification that Payment has been processed successfully select if you need to print receipt
When ‘External Payment’ is switched On for store in Back Office, User can use ‘External Payment’ method to pay for Order.
To pay Order externally (via third party device or system):
- Select External Payment method in Choose Payment Method popup menu
- Optionally input 4 last digits of card and card expiration date used for payment
- Define how tips will be input
- Print/email receipt if needed
Order Paid Via EBT Card
1) You first must install the EBT Card App (available to Freedom customers only) in Back Office.
2) A) Also in Back Office, go to Store Settings--->select store--->click on 'Payment Gateway' tab--->select payment gateway that using in drop-down menu--->check off the 'Enable EBT card payments' box--->click 'Done'
B) Go to Register Settings and follow the same steps above that did in Store Settings, except with selecting the register you want to enable EBT payments for.
C) Log in to POS and sync data.
How to process order with EBT Card:
1. Select items from shopping cart and then click the green All Payments button.
2. Choose EBT Card as the payment method.
3. Choose whether to input the card manually or by swiping. If manually, click the Enter card manually switch so it turns green and then enter the card number.
4. Select whether the card is being used as a Cash Benefit or Food Stamp.
5. Click the PROCESS button.
Order may be paid via split Payment by Administrator, Manager and Sales Person roles.
- Open order in shopping cart
- Update order if needed
- When content of your order is completed you can initiate split payment for order.
1) To initiate split payment, tap 'Choose Payment Method' button and then select Split Payment in the pop up box.
2) On the Split Payment screen, select the number of individual payments for the order by tapping the + or - sign until you get to that number. The default will be set at 2.
3) For each individual payment, a row will appear. Select the payment type of choice for each payment by tapping each payment option box and selecting the chosen payment option.
4) You can input the $ amount being paid in each individual payment by selecting each cash box and entering the corresponding $ amount. The sum of all amounts must be = to the total sales price of order.
5) Press the CHARGE button next to each payment row to charge each individual payment by their selected payment option.
- When you charge Cash payment you will be moved to Cash payment screen for individual payment
- On the left side of the screen you can view the virtual receipt with Order Total and Total Due to pay by this particular payment
- Input amount of Cash obtained by Customer in Amount Tendered field
- Tap ENTER
- You will be moved to Cash Receipt screen for individual payment
- On this screen you can view change you need to give back to Customer and can select to print/email payment receipt
- Tap 'DONE'
- If you have selected to print receipt the receipt of individual payment will be printed to receipt printer
- You will be moved back to Split Tender screen
- Initiate charging of next payment in the list
- When you have initiated charging of Credit card payment you will be moved to Credit card payment screen
- On the left side of the screen on the virtual receipt you can view Order Total and Total Due amount to pay by this particular payment.
- Swipe Credit Card or input Card details manually. Zip and CVV2 are optional.
- Define if you wish to input Tips and signature on screen
- Tap ENTER
- If you have selected to input tips and signature on screen you will be moved to Tips for individual payment screen
- Input Tips in % from amount of Total Due of this particular payment or in $
- Tap ENTER
- You will be moved to Credit card Receipt for individual payment screen
- Ask Customer to input his signature
- Define if you wish to print/email receipt for individual payment
- Tap DONE
- If you have selected to print receipt of individual payment – this receipt will be printed to receipt printer
- You will be moved to Split Tender screen
- Charge other payments according to selected payment type
- After last payment has been charged you will be moved to Split Tender screen where all payments are charged
- Tap DONE
- You will be moved to Order Receipt screen
- On the left side of the screen you can view virtual receipt where Order Total is shown. Also in case Customer(s) have added tips while charging of individual payments sum of tips entered for all individual payments will be shown in Tips field in Totals section. Order Total includes Tips which have already been charged.
- On the right side of the screen you can view Total Tendered amount for Order and Total Change Due for Order.
- You can select to print and/or email Sale Receipt.
- Tap DONE
- If you have selected to print Sale Receipt – this receipt will be printed to Receipt printer