Table of Contents
- To set up the eHopper Cash Drawer on your Poynt device, you can either input a USB Cash Drawer trigger, connecting the device to the drawer (if using built-in Poynt printer), or connect the drawer to a BTP-R180II printer.
1. Must have Freedom account.
2. Must have selected Poynt from Payment Gateway drop-down menu in Register Settings of Back Office.
3. If connecting drawer to BTP-R180II printer, the printer must be turned on and properly set up in eHopper. If connecting drawer to Poynt's built-in printer, select the printer in eHopper POS Printer Settings.
4. The Poynt power cord should be inputted to the right-most plug-in on the Poynt charging pad.
5. The Poynt device should be placed on the charging pad and turned on.
Connecting eHopper Cash Drawer to Poynt with USB Trigger
1. Input an Ethernet cord into the left-most plug-in on the Poynt charging pad.
2. Connect the USB Cash Drawer Trigger into one of the center plug-ins on the Poynt device and to the back of the cash drawer.
3. If the Poynt device is on the charging pad, a notification should appear saying that the cash drawer was connected successfully.
4. Select Test Cash Drawer to test that the cash drawer is working.
5. Select Open Drawer.
6. If drawer opened successfully, tap Yes. If not, tap No.
Connecting eHopper Cash Drawer to BTP-R180II Printer
1. Connect cash drawer to BTP-R180II printer via RJ12 connector.
2. The cash drawer is ready to operate.
Setting Up eHopper Cash Drawer on POS
1. Log in to eHopper POS
2. In the left navigation menu, tap on Settings--->Cash Drawer
3. Tap Search for cash drawer.
4. In the list that appears, select either the USB Trigger Cash Drawer (if using built-in Poynt printer) or the BTP-R180II printer.
5. Tap Test link to the right of the selected printer. If drawer opens, it is properly set up.
6. Confirm cash drawer settings by tapping DONE.
7. Cash drawer is ready for usage in application.