- The Inventory Matrix allows Freedom customers to add items to your inventory and shopping cart that contain multiple attributes. For example, items such as shirts can be defined by style, color or size.
- Each group of attributes is unique and will have its own SKU, as well as its own price.
- Login to eHopper Back Office
- Open the navigation menu
- Select Apps
- Select Apps Directory
- Select the Inventory Matrix app
- Select Install
- Once you have installed the app, a pop-up message will appear when you attempt to add a new item to your inventory.
1. Click on Inventory-->Products in the left navigation menu.
2. Select the blue New Item button on the top right of the screen.
3. Select the blue Create button under Matrix Item.
- You will be moved to the New Inventory Item screen, consisting of different tabs placed on the top of the screen. You can navigate between the different tabs by clicking on them.
Input the Product Name (up to 100 characters) and optionally provide a Product Short Name and Product Description in those respective fields. You can also choose a color to represent the product in your shopping cart in POS by selecting a color in the Product Display Color drop-down menu.
- You can input translations for Product Name and Product Description for all the languages selected as an Account language for your store(s) (set in Localization tab of Store Settings) by selecting a certain language tab and inputting the translations for that language in the respective fields.
3. Select both the department and category you would like to associate the product with in the Select Department and Select Category drop-down menus respectively (both had to have already been created).
4. Optionally input the product’s UPC in the UPC field. It should be either 8, 12, or 13 digits.
5. Check off the Is Active box to make the product go live on POS.
6. Optionally provide an image to represent the product in the product catalog in POS by clicking the Browse image square and selecting the image in your computer files.
The Vendors tab allows you to assign a vendor to a product and input the specific vendor information as applies to that product.
Requirements: You must have already created the vendor you want to assign the product to.
If Vendor for Product Not Yet Created:
1. Go to Inventory--->Products--->Vendors tab---> Click on New Vendor button.
2. In the General tab, input the Vendor Name in that field.
3. Select the type of vendor in the ‘Vendor Type drop-down menu. The options are ‘Manufacturer,’ ‘Master Dealer,’ ‘Shipper,’ and ‘Vendor.’
4. Optionally input the vendor’s Tax ID and any Notes you would like to add regarding the vendor in those respective fields.
5. Check off the Is Active box to make the vendor active. It will already be checked off by default. Uncheck it to make the vendor inactive.
6. Optionally input the vendor’s contact info by clicking on the Contact Info tab on the top of the page and entering their info in the various fields.
7. Click the blue Done button.
Once Product Vendor is Created:
1. Go to Inventory--->Products--->Vendors tab
2. Select a preexisting vendor for the product in the Search vendors drop-down menu.
3. In the row that appears, input the product’s SKU in the SKU column and the amount the item costs for you to acquire in the Cost column.
- If there are multiple vendors for the product, select the Primary vendor in that column.
- To remove a vendor from a product, click the red 'x' button to the right of the vendor’s row.
4. Click the blue Done button.
Requirement: You must have already created the tax you want to add to the product in Tax Manager.
Adding Tax to Product
1. Select the store you want to add a tax on the product for in the Store drop-down menu and click the + sign.
2. Select the tax name in the Name drop-down menu. The tax rate you set for that tax in Tax Manager will automatically appear in the Rate field.
- If you would like the tax to be added to the product in all stores that the product is sold, make sure the All taxable box is checked.
3. If you want to add a tax on the product for another store, repeat the same steps above.
4. Click Done button.
Inventory Matrix Tab
1. Use the Stores drop-down menu to select the store
- If the matrix items are all discountable, choose the All Discountable option.
2. Select the + button.
3. Input the Attribute Name and its Attribute Values in the respective fields.
- Up to four attributes can be added to an item and each attribute name can support up to 10 values.
5. Click the + button again to add another Attribute Name and Attribute Values.
5. If you would like to set the same Price and Cost for the various combinations of matrix items in each store, select the All Stores option in the Stores drop-down menu and then input what you would like for each item in those respective fields.
- To hide all inactive matrix variants from view, select the Hide Inactive box. This setting will be saved each time you reenter the screen.
- If you would like different prices and costs for each item in different stores, select one store from the Store drop-down menu and input what you would like in those fields for that store.
- You can then select another store from the Store drop-down and input different data in those fields for that store.
- SKU and UPC can only be inputted when All Stores is chosen from the drop-down menu. Matrix items will have the same SKU and UPC in each store.
- You may also choose to either activate or deactivate each matrix item in each store.
- To remove an added item, select the X symbol at the end of the values.
6. When you have finished creating the matrix items, select Done.
Note: Price, cost, and UPC must be entered on this screen and cannot be imported.
If PO Receiving App Is Installed:
Item quantities can only be added with the PO Receiving app, and not using the method shown above. To change quantities:
- Open the navigation menu
- Select Inventory
- Select PO Receiving
- Enter the reference number, or search by item name
- Select the item and update the quantity