Table of Contents
You can set up cash drawers on POS with Windows, iPad, Android, or Poynt devices.
You have to first connect the cash drawer to a working printer.
1. The cash drawer and printer you are connecting it to must be compatible with eHopper and properly connected.
- If APG Vasario Cash Drawer and using Windows, connect it to either Star TSP100 LAN or Star Bluetooth TSP650II printer via RJ12 connector. If using Android/iPad, can connect to BTP, Star TSP100 LAN or Star Bluetooth TSP650II printer via RJ12 connector. If using Poynt, connect with TSP100 LAN printer via RJ12 connector or with the built-in Poynt printer via USB Cash Drawer trigger.
- If eHopper Cash Drawer and using Windows, connect to either eHopper BTP-R180II printer, Star Bluetooth TSP650II printer, or Bixolon printer SRP-330ll via RJ12 connector. If using Android/iPad, connect to eHopper BTP-R180II printer via RJ12 connector. If using Poynt, connect to TSP100 LAN printer via RJ12 connector or with the built-in Poynt printer via USB Cash Drawer trigger.
2. Make sure your cash drawer's RJ12 cable is correctly plugged in to the printer and in the correct port (you should hear a click) - If APG drawer, the cable should go into the 6 pin cash drawer port. If eHopper drawer, the cable should go into the 4 PIN cash drawer port.
Setting Up Cash Drawers on Windows Devices
1. You must have already installed your printer's driver. To do this, please follow the instructions on this link: Installing Driver for Printer.
1. Log in to POS and in the left navigation menu, go to Settings--->Cash Drawer.
2. Tap Search for cash drawer on top right of screen.
3. In the list of printers that appear, select the printer that the cash drawer is connected to.
4. Tap Test link to the right of the selected printer. If drawer opens, it is properly set up.
5. Tap DONE to confirm settings.
- Cash drawer is ready for usage in application.
Setting Up Cash Drawers on Android/iPad/Poynt Devices
1. In the left navigation menu, tap on Settings--->Cash Drawer
2. Follow steps 2-5 above in Instructions for Windows devices.