Table of Contents
You can set up cash drawers on POS with Windows, iPad, Android, or Poynt devices.
You have to first connect the cash drawer to a working printer.
1. Printers must be on and connected to the cash drawer.
- If Cash Drawer MS CF-405, connect it to either Star TSP100 LAN or Star Bluetooth TSP650II printer via RJ12 connector (unless Poynt - can only use TSP100).
- If eHopper Cash Drawer, connect to eHopper BTP-R180II Printer via its RJ12 connector.
Setting Up Cash Drawers on Windows Devices
1. You must have already installed your printer's driver. To do this, please follow the instructions on this link: Installing Driver for Printer.
2. You must have already installed Device Center. To do this, please follow the instructions on this link: Installing Device Center.
3. You must have already assigned your equipment to Device Center. To do this, please follow the instructions on this link: Assigning Equipment to Device Center.
1. Log in to POS and in the left navigation menu, go to Settings--->Cash Drawer.
- The same Device Center Address and Security Key that you set up on the Printer Setup screen should appear in those fields on the Cash Drawer screen.
2. Tap Search for cash drawer on top right of screen.
3. In the list of printers that appear, select the printer that the cash drawer is connected to.
4. Tap Test link to the right of the selected printer. If drawer opens, it is properly set up.
5. Tap DONE to confirm settings.
- Cash drawer is ready for usage in application.
Setting Up Cash Drawers on Android/iPad/Poynt Devices
1. In the left navigation menu, tap on Settings--->Cash Drawer
2. Follow steps 2-5 above in Instructions for Windows devices.