Table of Contents
- On the Modifiers screen, you can create new Modifier Groups, edit them, copy their attributes to another Modifier Group, assign multiple modifiers to products all at once, and export, import, and delete Modifier Groups.
- A Modifier Group is a category of modifiers that multiple modifier options can be added under for a product. Ex: Size, Toppings, Sauces
Accessing the Modifiers Section
In the left navigation menu, go to Inventory--->Modifiers.
Adding a New Modifier Group
1. Click the New button on the top left of the screen.
2. Input the Modifier Group Name: the name that all added modifiers will appear under. Ex: Size, Toppings, Sauces, etc
3. Under Select modifier type, select one of either:
- One selection: If creating modifier group where customer can only choose one option. Ex: One of Small, Medium, or Large for Modifier Group, Size.
- Multiple selections: If creating modifier group where customer can choose multiple options to add to item. Ex: Cheese, pepperoni, and onions for Modifier Group, Toppings.
- Exceptions: If would like customer to have option to exclude modifier(s) from item. Ex: No sugar or caffeine for Modifier Group, Coffee Exceptions
4. In the Add modifiers section:
- Input the modifier name that will appear as an option for the Modifier Group in the Modifier field.
- Enter that modifier's price in the Price field.
5. Select Add a modifier to add another modifier option for the Modifier Group.
- You can add as many modifier options as you would like.
6. Make sure the Is Active box is checked to make the Modifier Group active.
7. Click the Done button. The Modifier Group should then show up on the top of the Modifiers list.
Editing a Modifier Group
1. Click the Edit button next to the modifier group that you would like to edit attributes for.
2. On the Edit modifier screen, edit whatever attributes of the selected Modifier Group that you would like.
3. Click Done button to save changes.
Copying Modifier Group Attributes to Another Modifier Group
- This feature eliminates the need to manually add numerous Modifier Groups with the same modifier options. You can now easily copy attributes and make any changes in just a few clicks.
1. Click the Copy button next to the Modifier Group that you would like to copy the attributes of to another Modifier Group.
2. On the Create Modifier screen, The Modifier Group Name will automatically be inputted as the same one that was copied, however with Copy in parenthesis. You can then make any changes you would like to this new Modifier Group, including editing its name and attributes.
3. Click the Done button to add the new Modifier Group.
Assigning Modifier Group to a Product
1. Click the Assign button next to the Modifier Group that you would like to add to one or multiple products.
2. Select the box next to each Modifier Name in the selected Modifier Group that you want to add to product(s).
3. Select the box next to each Product Name that you want to add selected modifier(s) to.
- You can filter products by Department, Category, and Inventory Type in those respective drop-downs.
- You can search for specific products by title or UPC code.
- The Modifier Group Names column shows which Modifier Group(s) have already been assigned to each product.