Table of Contents
Before you can use the APG Vasario Cash Drawer, you will have to connect it to your printer and set it up on eHopper.
- If using a Star printer, it should be turned on and set up with eHopper.
- If using built-in Poynt printer (must have Freedom account), the Poynt power cord should be inputted to the right-most plug-in on the Poynt charging pad, the Poynt device should be placed on the charging pad, turned on, and then the built-in printer should be set up with eHopper.
Connect APG Vasario Cash Drawer to Star Printer
1. Connect cash drawer to Star Printer via RJ12 connector. (Can connect to any compatible Star printer). It should be plugged in to the printer's 6 PIN port (not 4 PIN) and if connected correctly, you should hear a clicking sound (if you don't, it is likely not in correctly).
2. Cash drawer is ready to operate.
Connecting APG Vasario Cash Drawer to Built-in Poynt Printer
Note: Your Poynt OS must be updated to the latest version (currently .215), Poynt Services must be version 81. and the Poynt accessory must be version 21.
1. Input an Ethernet cord into the left-most plug-in on the Poynt charging pad.
2. Connect the USB Cash Drawer Trigger into one of the center plug-ins on the Poynt device and to the back of the cash drawer.
3. If the Poynt device is on the charging pad, a notification should appear saying that the cash drawer was connected successfully.
4. Select Test Cash Drawer to test that the cash drawer is working.
5. Select Open Drawer.
6. If drawer opened successfully, tap Yes. If not, tap No.
Setting Up APG Vasario Cash Drawer in POS
1. Log in to eHopper POS
2. In the left navigation menu, tap on Settings--->Cash Drawer
3. Tap Search for cash drawer.
4. In the list that appears, select either the USB Trigger Cash Drawer (if using built-in Poynt printer) or the Star printer.
5. Tap Test link to the right of the selected printer. If drawer opens, it is properly set up.
6. Confirm cash drawer settings by tapping DONE.
7. Cash drawer is ready for usage in application.