Table of Contents
Once your equipment is assigned to Device Center, you will have to set them up in eHopper POS.
1. You must have already installed your printer's driver. To do this, please follow the instructions on this link: Installing Driver for Printer.
2. You must have already installed Device Center. To do this, please follow the instructions on this link: Installing Device Center.
3. You must have already assigned your equipment to Device Center. To do this, please follow the instructions on this link: Assigning Equipment to Device Center.
- These prerequisites apply to all certified printers, except the Star Bluetooth Portable Printer SM-T300.
Setting Up Printers on Windows POS
1. Log in to POS and in the left navigation menu, go to Settings--->Printer Setup.
2. In Device Center, select the link next to Device Center URL. It should open on an internet browser.
3. Copy the URL in the page that opens.
4. Paste the URL into the Device Center Address field on the Printer Setup screen.
5. Input any 4 digit security key in the Security Key field (or keep the default random number one) and then input that same security key in the Device Center Security Key field after clicking the Edit button.
6. Click the Apply button.
7. Click Search for printer on the top right of the screen.
8. The printers that you set up in Device Center should appear under both Receipt Printers and Kitchen Printers. Select the one that you want to use with eHopper.
Note: For kitchen receipts to print, you must select the Kitchen Receipt option in the Receipt tab of your Back Office Store Settings.
9. Choose either 80mm or 58mm as the paper width for both printer types.
10. Print a test page by clicking Print test page to ensure it works.
11. Click the DONE button.
- The receipt/kitchen printer should now work in eHopper POS.
Setting Up Cash Drawers on Windows POS
1. Log in to POS and in the left navigation menu, go to Settings--->Cash Drawer.
- The same Device Center Address and Security Key that you set up on the Printer Setup screen should appear in those fields on the Cash Drawer screen.
- If did not input those fields on Printer Setup screen, follow steps 2-6 in the Instructions for Setting Up Printers On Windows Devices in this link: https://ehoppersupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/218911878
2. Tap Search for cash drawer on top right of screen.
3. In the list of printers that appear, select the printer that the cash drawer is connected to.
4. Tap Test link to the right of the selected printer. If drawer opens, it is properly set up.
5. Tap DONE to confirm settings.