In the Tax Report, you can view information on all orders where a tax was added.
- To access, go to Reporting--->Tax Report in the left navigation menu.
- You can filter taxes by Store(s) or Tax Agency in the corresponding drop-down menus after selecting the Search button.
- You can filter by date by selecting one of the options in the date range drop-down menu. The default will say Today.
- Only up to 3 months can be filtered at a time. To filter by a customized date range within a 3 month period, select the Custom Range option and then the dates you would like to filter for in the calendars that appear. If you would like to view data for more than 3 months, export the report after choosing a custom range and then select a new custom range, export it, and combine the data from the exported reports.
Note: If item was sold yesterday and refunded today, the updated data will only appear when the current day is included in the filter. If Yesterday is selected, it will still be counted as a sale for that day. If both days are included in filter, the tax data will be updated to include the refund.
- On the top of the screen, you can view:
- Total Sales: Taxable Amount + Non-Taxable Amount + Tax Collected + Refund Amount + Voided Amount + Tips Received + Surcharges/Cash Discount Fee
- Non-Taxable Amount
- View additional information in the Tax Report, including:
- Tax Name: the name of the tax
- Tax Rate: the rate that the tax is applied from the total amount
- Taxable Amount: Subtotal of all taxed items - refunds and voids
- Tax Collected: the total monetary amount of the tax collected
- Tax Agency: the Tax Agency that manages the tax
- Sort by individual columns by clicking on the triangle to the right of the column you want to sort.
- Export the Tax Report by clicking the Export button and then click on the download to open it.