Table of Contents
- To set up the APG Vasario Cash Drawer on your Poynt device, you can either input a USB Cash Drawer trigger, connecting the device to the drawer (if using built-in Poynt printer), or connect the drawer to a Star TSP100 LAN printer.
1. Must have Freedom account.
2. Must have selected Poynt from Payment Gateway drop-down menu in Store Settings of Back Office.
3. If connecting drawer to Star TSP100 LAN printer, the printer must be turned on and properly set up in eHopper. If connecting drawer to Poynt's built-in printer, select the printer in eHopper POS Printer Settings.
4. The Poynt power cord should be inputted to the right-most plug-in on the Poynt dock.
5. The Poynt device should be placed on the dock and turned on.
6. USB Cash Drawer Trigger Requirements:
- Your Poynt OS must be updated to the latest version (currently .215).
- Poynt Services must be version 81.
- The Poynt accessory must be version 21.
Connecting APG Vasario Cash Drawer to Poynt with USB Trigger
1. Input an Ethernet cord into the left-most plug-in on the Poynt dock.
2. Connect the USB Cash Drawer Trigger into one of the center plug-ins on the Poynt dock and to the back of the cash drawer.
3. If the Poynt device is on the charging pad, a notification should appear saying that the cash drawer was connected successfully.
4. Open the Poynt drop-down menu and select Settings--->Accessory--->Cash Drawer-->Test Cash Drawer---->Open Drawer to test that the cash drawer is working properly.
6. If drawer opened successfully, tap Yes. If not, tap No.
Connecting APG Vasario Cash Drawer to Star TSP100 LAN Printer
1. Connect cash drawer to Star TSP100 LAN printer via RJ12 connector.
2. The cash drawer is ready to operate.
Setting Up APG Vasario Cash Drawer on POS
1. Log in to eHopper POS
2. In the left navigation menu, tap on Settings--->Cash Drawer
3. Tap Search for cash drawer.
4. In the list that appears, select either the USB Trigger Cash Drawer (if using built-in Poynt printer) or the Star TSP100 LAN printer.
5. Tap Test link to the right of the selected printer. If drawer opens, it is properly set up.
6. Confirm cash drawer settings by tapping DONE.
7. Cash drawer is ready for usage in application.