Table of Contents
Before you can use the Star TSP100 Printer on your Poynt device, you will have to configure it and set it up with eHopper.
- Must have Freedom Package
- Must have selected Poynt from Payment Gateway drop-down menu in Register Settings of Back Office.
1. Turn On Poynt Terminal
- Input power source cord into the Poynt terminal and fully charge it.
- Turn Poynt device on. The built-in equipment is already setup and is ready to use.
- Set the wifi on the Poynt device to the same network that the Star Printer is connected to.
2. Connect Star TSP100 LAN to Poynt
- On the back of the printer, input the printer power source cord into the leftmost plug-in and plug it into to an outlet.
- Input the ethernet router into the rightmost plug-in on the back of the printer and to an outlet.
- Turn printer on by pushing down the "l" on the side of the printer.
3. Set Up Star TSP100 LAN in POS
- On Poynt terminal, log in to eHopper POS
- In the left navigation menu, tap on Settings--->Printer Setup
- On Printer Settings screen, tap Search for printer on the top right.
- The Star TSP100 LAN printer should show up under both Receipt Printers and Kitchen Printers. Check off the box(es) of whichever one(s) you would like to set up your printer to print.
- Choose either 80mm or 58mm as the paper width for both printer types.
- The option Print Test Page will appear to the right of the printer. Tap it to print a test page to ensure that the printer is set up properly.
- Confirm your printer settings by tapping the DONE button. The printer should now be set up to work on your Poynt device.