Table of Contents
In the Product Mix Report, you can view data about each product sold in a selected time period.
- To access, go to Reporting--->Product Mix Report in the left navigation menu.
- You can customize which columns you would like displayed in the report by selecting the Set Columns drop-down field and then selecting the checkbox next to each column you would like to include.
- The fields in the Product Mix Report include:
- an item’s ID
- name of the Item
- the Min Qty you selected for the item in the Ordering tab
- the current Quantity of the item in stock
- the Qty Sold of the item (without deducting refunds, voids, and exchanges)
- the total COGS (cost of goods sold) for the item =(Cost of item from primary vendor * Qty Sold of item) minus (cost of item * quantity returned of item -including from manual refunds and exchanges). If the product has ingredients, including ingredients for its modifiers, the total cost of all the product's ingredients will be displayed.
- the item’s Gross Sales = (Qty Sold * Price of product at time of sale), before refunds, voids, exchanges & discounts, without including taxes, tips, and surcharges/cash discounts
- the sum of all line item Discounts provided for the item
- the sum of all line item Refunds for the item returned
- the item's Net Sales = (Gross Sales minus discounts and refunds, including manual refunds)
- the Gross Profit of the item = (Net Sales - COGS)
- the item's Gross Margin ((Gross Profit / Net Sales) * 100%) in the store
- the Tax Amount accumulated for the item in the store (with taxes from refunded items deducted)
- You can also view the Total for Min Qty, Quantity, Qty Sold, COGS, Gross Sales, Discounts, Refunds, Net Sales, Gross Profit, Gross Margin, and Tax Amount for all items, within the selected filters, on the bottom of each of those respective columns.
- In the report, you can filter by the product’s Department and Category, by Register used, Store it was sold in, or by the Employee who took the order in the corresponding drop-down menus.
- You can filter by date by selecting one of the options in the date range drop-down menu. The default will say Today.
- Only up to 3 months can be filtered at a time. To filter by a customized date range within a 3 month period, select the Custom Range option and then the dates you would like to filter for in the calendars that appear. If you would like to view data for more than 3 months, export the report after choosing a custom range and then select a new custom range, export it, and combine the data from the exported reports.
- You can also filter by time-range to see how your products are selling during specific ranges of time within a day. The default value is All Day. You can also select a custom time range within a 24 hour period by selecting Custom Range and then choosing the Start Time and End Time from the respective drop-downs.
- The possible selections are only by the hour (12:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00, etc) and not by 12:15, 1:30, etc.
- Search for info on particular item(s) by entering their title or code in the search box.
- Sort by individual columns by selecting the triangle to the right of the column you want to sort (except for all calculable columns: COGS, Gross Sales, Gross Profit, Gross Margin, and Net Sales).
- Export the Product Mix Report by clicking the Export button and then click on the download to open the report.
- Saved orders that have not been processed are not included in the report.
- Transactions from products sold in an order that was voided are not included in the report.
- Transactions in which products that were sold and then refunded are included in the report.