1. Hold the scan button and the small power button on the scanner simultaneously until it powers off.
2. Press the small power button again to power on the scanner.
3. Scan the barcode below:
4. Press the small power button once again to power on the scanner.
5. Scan the barcode below:
6. Turn on Bluetooth on your tablet's Settings, wait for it to find the Socket Mobile device and then select it to pair.
7. Install SocketScan Keyboard Wedge from the Google Play store on your tablet and open the app.
8. On the screen that appears, select the box next to Turn on your scanner.
9. Select the BLUETOOTH button.
10. Select the Socket CHS scanner. If pairing is successful, the scanner will beep once, pause, and then beep twice.
11. If your barcode doesn't already exist, you can create one by going to a barcode generator site, such as https://barcode.tec-it.com/en/Code128?data=
- Select Code-128 under Linear Codes and then enter the digits (minimum of 8) for the barcode in the data field. Click Refresh to make the barcode appear on the right.
- If you would like to use a different type of barcode, select a different one and click on More Info to find out specifications for the code.
12. Add the same barcode for product in Back Office by going to Settings>Inventory>Products, and then selecting the product and entering the code in the UPC field.
13. Log in to POS and sync your data.
14. Scan the barcode of the product (that appeared on the barcode generator site) and the product should automatically appear in the shopping cart, with the bar code appearing in the Search for product field.
- You can also scan the bar code on a printed order receipt and the order number will automatically appear on the POS Orders page for you to select.