Before you can use the Star Bluetooth Portable Printer SM-T300 on your iPad device, you will have to configure it and set it up with eHopper.
Connecting Star Bluetooth Portable Printer SM-T300 to iPad
1. Switch printer on by pressing the Power button.
2. Go to Settings on iPad and in the Bluetooth section, turn Bluetooth on by tapping the switch. It should appear green.
3. Scan Bluetooth devices and select Star Bluetooth Portable Printer SM-T300 to pair with iPad device.
Setting Up Star Bluetooth Portable Printer SM-T300 on POS
1. Log in to eHopper POS
2. In the left navigation menu, tap on Settings--->Printer Setup
3. On Printer Setup screen, tap Search for printer on the top right.
4. The Star Bluetooth SM-T300 printer should show up under both Receipt Printers and Kitchen Printers. Check off the box(es) of whichever one(s) you would like to set up your printer to print.
Note: For kitchen receipts to print, you must select the Kitchen Receipt option in the Receipt tab of your Back Office Store Settings.
- For info on setting up directional printing for your kitchen printers, please see https://ehoppersupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009811693-Directional-Printing
5. Choose either 80mm or 58mm as the paper width for both printer types.
6. The option Print Test Page will appear to the right of the printer. Tap it to print a test page to ensure that the printer is set up properly.
7. Confirm your printer settings by tapping the DONE button. The printer should now be set up to work on your iPad.
If printing the test page was unsuccessful:
- Re-initialize your printer (instructions below)
- Reconnect the printer (refer to "Connecting Star Bluetooth Portable Printer SM-T300")
- Reperform steps 1-7
Re-Initialization of Printer
To initialize the memory switch settings:
- Turn on the printer and open the printer cover.
- Press and hold the Power and Feed buttons simultaneously until the Error lamp flashes and buzzes five times and the Power light flashes. Once this occurs, the memory initialization has been completed.
- Input paper inside of the printer and then close the printer cover.
- The printer should print out "Memory SW was initialized” to confirm the initialization was successful.