Table of Contents
In order to use printers and cash drawers on your Windows device, you must first install the Device Center application, assign the equipment you are using to Device Center, and set them up in eHopper POS.
1. Must have one of the following versions of Windows:
- Windows 7
- Windows Vista
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
2. Printers and cash drawers that using should be on and properly set up.
1. Install Windows printer driver(s).
For instructions on installing the drivers below, click on this link: https://ehoppersupport.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011952547-Installing-Driver-for-Printer
- Star Micronics TSP143LAN
- Star Micronics TSP654IIBI Bluetooth Printer,
- eHopper BTP-R180II Thermal Printer
2. Check if Windows device recognizes printer by:
- Searching for Devices and Printers on your Windows device.
- Under Printers, right click the printer and select Set as default printer.
- Right click on the printer--->select Printer Properties--->click Print Test Page. If it prints, that means your device recognizes the printer.
3. If you have an old version of Device Center installed:
- Be sure to uninstall it from your Programs and Features in the Control Panel of your PC before installing the newer version by right clicking on B2B Soft Device Center and selecting Uninstall.
Note: If you experience any errors while following these instructions, please see the following article: Device Center Troubleshooting
1. Install Device Center
1. Click on this link: https://ehopper.com/wp-content/uploads/DeviceCenter.zip/.
2. Select the file that appears on the tab at the bottom of your PC.
3. Double click on setup in the dialog box that appears.
4. Select Allow this file
5. Click OK in the Permission box.
6. An InstallShield Wizard popup should appear. Click Next.
7. Select I accept the terms in the license agreement and click Next.
8. Click Next again.
9. Click Install.
10. Click on the Finish button.
- After installation is completed, the Device Center application should appear in the Programs list on your device.
2. Assign Printers and Cash Drawers to Device Center
1. You will need to launch Device Center with administrator privileges. To do this, search for Device Center Configuration Tool on your Windows device, right click it, and select Run as administrator.
2. When Device Center launches, select the Receipt Printer tab--->right click on the printer you installed driver for--->select Print Test Page.
- If it prints, it means that Device Center recognizes the printer.
3. Click on the Cash Drawer tab.
4. If have:
- Cash Drawer MS CF-405 w/media slots - Select M-S Cash drawer via serial/parallel Star/Epson Printer (representing any cash drawer connected to a Star or Epson receipt printer via a RJ12 interface).
- eHopper 16" Cash Drawer - Select eHopper 16" Cash Drawer
4. Click the > button so that the cash drawer appears on the right side of the screen, under Cash Drawers connected to this machine.
5. Right click on the cash drawer on the right side of the screen and click on the Set Up option.
6. On the Set Up Cash Drawer pop up that appears, select the printer that the cash drawer is connected to in the drop-down and click Ok.
- If have eHopper 16" Cash Drawer, select the BTP-R18ll(E) printer.
7. Right click on the cash drawer on the right side of the screen and click Make Test Open to run a test open of the cash drawer to ensure that it works.
3. Set Up Printers and Cash Drawers on eHopper POS
1. Log in to POS and in the left navigation menu, go to Settings--->Printer Setup.
2. In Device Center, select the link next to Device Center URL. It should open on an internet browser.
3. Copy the URL in the page that opens.
4. Paste the URL into the Device Center Address field on the Printer Setup screen.
6. Input any 4 digit security key in the Security Key field (default will be a random number) and then input that same security key in the Device Center Security Key field after clicking the Edit button.
7. Click Search for printer on the top right of the screen.
8. The printers that you set up in Device Center should appear under both Receipt Printers and Kitchen Printers. Select the one that you want to use with eHopper.
9. Choose either 80mm or 58mm as the paper width for both printer types.
10. Print a test page by clicking Print test page to ensure it works.
11. Click the DONE button.
- The receipt/kitchen printer should now work in eHopper POS.
B. Cash Drawers
1. Log in to POS and in the left navigation menu, go to Settings--->Cash Drawer.
- The same Device Center Address and Security Key that you set up on the Printer Setup screen should appear in those fields on the Cash Drawer screen.
2. Tap Search for cash drawer on top right of screen.
3. In list of printers that appear, select printer that cash drawer is connected to.
4. Tap Test link to the right of the selected printer. If drawer opens, it is properly set up.
5. Tap DONE to confirm settings.