Table of Contents
Freedom customers can process debit card payments on eHopper once their credit card terminal is set up (either Pax or Poynt).
1. Must be a Freedom Package customer and have installed the Credit/Debit POS Integration app in the Back Office App Directory.
2. PAX must be selected as Payment Gateway in Register Settings--->Payment Gateway tab in Back Office and must select ‘Enable Debit Card Payments on the same screen.
3. Terminal must be set up on Terminal Setup page in POS.
4. Debit card payments are only available when online and when device is connected to same network as terminal.
5. Can only be performed by Administrator, Manager, and Salesperson employee roles.
- Can only be processed by swiping the card (for either mag-stripe cards or cards with chip) and not by inputting card manually.
- Orders paid by debit card cannot be voided.
- Is not an option for Split Payments.
- There is no option to input Tips & Signature on receipt. Only on the screen or on the terminal.
After selecting one or more product(s) in the catalog, click on the green All Payments button on the bottom left of the screen.
2. Select Debit Card as the payment method.
3. Under Tips & Signature, select whether the customer should sign On screen or On terminal. Then, tap the CONTINUE button
Note: For the Tips and Signature box to appear, the Tips & signature on POS shown: box needs to be selected on the Tips tab of Company Settings in Back Office.
4. Process the payment by swiping the card on the terminal.
5. On the Receipt screen:
- On the right side, choose the Receipt language in the drop-down and select either to Print receipt and/or Email receipt.
- Click DONE to finalize the payment.