Table of Contents
Freedom customers can process credit card payments on eHopper once their credit card terminal is set up (either Pax or Poynt).
- Must be a Freedom Package customer and have installed the Credit/Debit POS Integration app in the Back Office App Directory.
- Before you can process credit card payments, you must first select the payment gateway in the Payment Gateway tab in Register Settings on Back Office.
- Terminal must be set up on Terminal Setup page in POS.
- Credit card payments are only available when online and when device is connected to same network as terminal.
- Can only be performed by Administrator, Manager, and Salesperson employee roles.
1. After selecting one or more product(s) in the catalog, click on the green All Payments button on the bottom left of the screen.
2. Select Credit Card as the payment method.
3. On the Credit Card Payment screen, either swipe the card or click on the Enter card manually switch to enter the card info manually.
4. If inputting manually, enter the card number and expiration date in their respective fields, using the calculator or your keyboard and then click the Done button.
5. Under Tips & Signature, check off the box of where the customer will add tips and/or input signature: either On screen, On terminal, or On receipt.
Note: For the Tips and Signature box to appear, the Tips & signature on POS shown: box needs to be selected on the Tips tab of Company Settings in Back Office.
6. Click PROCESS button.
7. On the Tips screen, choose whether to input the tip amount as a % or $ amount by clicking on the arrow next to the green symbol. Then, input the tip amount with the calculator.
Note: The Tips screen will not appear if you have installed the EBT Card App.
8. If did not choose to enter card info manually, swipe the card on your terminal.
9. On the Receipt screen:
- On the right side, you can have the customer input their signature, choose the Receipt language in the drop-down and select either to Print receipt and/or Email receipt.
- Click DONE to finalize the payment.