Table of Contents
- To add a tax, you will first need to add a Tax Agency and then create the tax in the Tax Manager.
- To apply a tax to a store, you will need to add the tax to the Taxes tab in the store's Store Settings page.
- To apply a tax to a product, you will have to add the tax to the product in the product's Taxes tab.
Adding a Tax Agency
1. Select Tax Agencies in the left navigation menu.
2. Input the Tax Agency Name and check the Is Active box to make the Tax Agency active in eHopper.
3. Click the Done button.
1. Adding a Single Tax
1. Select Tax Manager in the left navigation menu.
2. Select the New Tax button on the top right of the screen.
- You can also edit an existing tax by selecting it in the list of taxes on the Tax Manager screen.
3. Select the Create button under Single Tax.
4. Input the Tax Name and Tax Rate in those fields.
5. Select the Tax Agency that the tax will fall under in the drop-down menu.
Note: The Tax Agency already had to have been created, as described above in the Add Tax Agency section.
6. Check the Is Active box to make the tax active in eHopper.
7. Click the Done button.
2. Adding a Combined Tax
1. Repeat steps 1-2 above in Adding a Single Tax.
2. Select the Create button under Combined Tax.
3. Input the Tax Name for the combined tax and select the Tax Component Name from the list of created taxes in the drop-down. The chosen tax's corresponding Tax Rate and Tax Agency will automatically appear.
4. Do this again for the second tax in the combined tax.
- Click the + sign to add another tax to the combined tax.
5. Check the Is Active box to make the tax active in eHopper.
6. Click the Done button to save changes.
Adding a Tax to a Store
1. After you have added a tax in Tax Manager, select Settings--->Store Settings in the left navigation menu.
2. Check the Add taxes to price by default box if you would like the taxes added to your store to automatically be added to all orders.
3. Check the Allow to change taxes before the transaction box to enable changing a tax from the store's default tax to another one for each order before processing it in POS. You will have to add all of these taxes in step 5 below.
4. Check the EBT tax exemption box if you would like to provide tax exemptions for EBT payments (option only available if Freedom customer and installed EBT Card app in App Directory).
5. Select the tax you want to add to the store from the Name drop-down menu.
6. Select the plus sign to add the tax. The tax rate you set for that tax in Tax Manager will automatically appear in the Rate field.
- If you selected the Allow to change taxes before the transaction box and would like to add additional taxes to the store, repeat steps 5-6. Then, select the tax you would like to be the Default tax for the store.
Adding a Tax to a Product
1. After you have added a tax in Tax Manager, select Inventory--->Products in the left navigation menu.
2. Select the product that you want to add the tax to.
3. Select the Taxes tab on the top of the screen.
4. Select the store you want to add a tax on the product for in the Store drop-down menu and click the +sign.
5. Select the tax from the Name drop-down menu. The tax rate you set for that tax in Tax Manager will automatically appear in the Rate field.
- If you would like the tax to be added to the product in all stores that the product is sold, make sure the All taxable box is checked.
6. If you want to add a tax on the product for another store, repeat steps 4-5.
7. Click the Done button.