Table of Contents
Through PO Receiving, you can update your inventory records after receiving stock of products and ingredients.
1. Must be a Freedom Package customer and have installed the PO Receiving App by going to Apps--->App Directory--->install Purchase Order Receiving app.
2. User must be assigned either Sales Manager, Back Office Operator, or Administrator roles.
3. Sales Managers and Back Office Operators can only update data on retrieval of stock in stores that have been assigned to them by an Administrator.
1. Select the Products tab if you received a product without ingredients from a vendor and select the Ingredients tab if you received ingredients.
2. Select which vendor supplied the item(s) from the From Vendor drop-down menu and the store that received the item(s) from the Store In drop-down menu. You can also optionally input a Ref Number if provided one by your vendor.
Note: If you select a vendor in the ‘From Vendor’ field that is not the ‘Primary’ vendor for an item, this vendor will be assigned as the new ‘Primary’ vendor once received. The item’s cost when received will be assigned as well.
3. Search item(s) by ID, Name, UPC, or SKU in the search box or select the Display list checkbox to display a list of all your products or ingredients.
- Another option is to scan the UPC or SKU of the item to make it automatically appear for stock updating.
- If 'Display list' is selected, you can filter your products by their 'Primary' Vendor, their Department, and/or Category to quickly locate the items you received for the selected store and from the selected vendor, from the 'Store In' and 'From Vendor' fields respectively. Once your preferred filter options are selected, either select the Search button or press on the Enter key on your keyboard for the filtered list to appear.
- Any quantities entered in the'Received Qty' fields within a certain filtered category will remain intact even after switching the filter to a different category.
4. Find the item(s) listed in the Name column and then in the Received Qty column in that same row, input the quantity that you have received.
- You also have the option of changing the item's cost from the vendor in the Cost field. This cost will then be saved as the new primary cost for the item from that vendor.
- You can view the current quantity of each item in stock in the selected store in the Quantity on Hand (Store In) column.
5. When you have selected all the quantities that you have received, click the Received button.
6. A PO Receiving confirmation box will pop up, with the total cost of the purchase order being displayed. Click Confirm to confirm the order.
- The updated stock that a store received will be added to that store's inventory.
- You can view your PO Receiving history in the PO Receiving Report.