1. Go to Inventory--->Ingredients in the left navigation menu.
2. Select the blue Import button on the top of the screen.
3. Select the Get Template button and then click on the template download that appears on the bottom of the screen.
4. In the template that opens, fill in all the required fields for each column. Each row represents a different ingredient. Replace the data in the example row with what inputting.
- If you are inputting long SKU's in the Vendor SKU field, you may need to change the formatting of the column. To do this, right click on the Vendor SKU column header ---> select Format cells---> Select the Number tab---> Input 0 in the Decimal places field.
Note: To ensure that the formatting changes are saved in the import, you will need to save the .csv file as a worksheet before working in it, then, when done, save it as .csv file and without closing it, upload it into eHopper.
- If you are replacing existing data in the import, be careful that you do not input any extra spaces in the Ingredient Name, Vendor, or Vendor SKU fields or the file will not recognize the entered name and it will not be able to load.
The Required Fields Are:
- Ingredient Name: The name of the ingredient in the default language of that store
- UOM: The unit of measurement that the ingredient is tracked by. Only the short names for units may be entered. The supported units are: Item, Inch (in), Foot (ft), Yard (yd), Mile (mi), Ounce (fl oz), Pint (pt), Cup (cp), Gallon (gal), Liter (l), Ounce (oz), Pound (lb), Gram (g), Kilogram (kg), Hour (hrs), and Minute (min), Bottle (bot), Slice (s), Teaspoon (tspn), Tablespoon (tbls), Pinch (pn), Meter (m), Kilometer (km), Decimeter (dm), Centimeter (cm), Millimeter (mm), Centiliter (cl), Nip (np), Milliliter (ml), Middy (md), Schooner (sc), and Keg (keg).
- Conversion Number (if Stock Unit field is filled out): Number of UOM of ingredient that will fill each stock unit.
- Stock Unit (if Conversion Number field is filled out): Name of stock unit that contains the inputted conversion number for UOM of ingredient. Ex: Box, bag, carton.
The Optional Fields Are:
- Conversion Number (if Stock Unit field is not filled out)
- Stock Unit (if Conversion Number field is not filled out)
- UPC: The ingredient's barcode.
- Ingredient Status: Input either Active or Inactive. If not inputted, ingredient will automatically be set as active.
- Cost: The cost of ingredient from vendor. The value should be inputted in the format 9.99 and will be represented in the currency that was set in Company Settings. If left blank and Vendor field is inputted, will automatically be set as 0.
- Quantity: Number of ingredient (in UOM) that are currently in stock. Should be inputted as a numerical value, as either a positive number (ex: 50), 0, or negative number (ex: -50). May input separate quantity for each store specific-field.
- Minimum Quantity: Number of ingredient (in UOM) that is the minimum you would like to be in stock in each store of company at any given time. Should be inputted as a numerical value, as either a positive number (ex: 50), 0, or negative number (ex: -50). If the store-specific Minimum Quantity field is entered, it will override the company settings in that store.
- Recommended Quantity: Ideal number of ingredient (in UOM) that you would like to be in stock in each store of company at any given time. Should be inputted as a numerical value, as either a positive number (ex: 50), 0, or negative number (ex: -50). If the store-specific Recommended Quantity field is entered, it will override the company settings in that store.
- Vendor: The name of the primary vendor of the ingredient. Note: Once imported, the default Vendor Type in Back Office will be Vendor and the vendor will be Active by default.
- Vendor SKU: Must be unique for each vendor.
Note: Though inputting info into these fields are optional, the column headers must remain.
- Must be imported from a .csv file.
- The maximum size of the file to upload should be 10MB. If file is larger, split it to smaller files and update them individually.
- The same ingredients can be imported more than once. Any changes made to the item will be overridden.
- If an error message appears when importing, the file will not be uploaded. The particular error stated will be the first one the system sees. Any additional errors will be stated in future import attempts.
- Cannot have the same SKU for more than one ingredient.
- Quotation marks (") and dashes (-) in fields are not allowed for importing.