Table of Contents
- This article reviews the features and specifications of the eHopper BTP-R180II Printer and provides all the steps to set it up on your POS.
Description of eHopper BTP-R180II Printer
This cost-effective fully-featured thermal receipt printer includes these valuable features:
- Triple Interface Standard – USB, Serial and Ethernet
- Fast 230mm/Second Print Speed
- Simple Drop-In Paper Loading
- Standard Auto Paper Cutter
- No Dip Switches - Intuitive Keypad Programming
- Compatible with Popular POS Software Applications
- Programmable Paper Saving Options and Internal Alarm Cutter
- Paper- End Sensor
- Includes Starter Paper Roll, External Power Adapter and Cord, Paper Width Selector, Quick Reference Manual, Serial Cable and USB Cable, and Power Supply
- Works with IOS and Android tablets
Connecting eHopper BTP-R180II Printer to Tablet
- On the back of the printer, input the printer power source cord into the leftmost plug-in and plug it into to an outlet.
- Input the ethernet router to the back of the printer, above where it says "Ethernet."
- Turn printer on by pushing down the "l" on the switch next to the 'Energy Star' logo on the front of the printer.
- Connect tablet to same wifi network as ethernet router that the printer is connected to.
Setting Up eHopper BTP-R180II Printer in POS for Tablet
- Open eHopper application
- Tap on Settings in the left navigation menu and then click on Printer Setup.
- On Printer Setup screen, tap Search for printer on the top right.
- The BTP-R180II printer should show up under both Receipt Printers and Kitchen Printers. Check off whichever one you would like to set up your printer to print. You can select both as well.
- Once selected, the option Print Test Page will show up on the right. Tap it to print a test page to ensure that the printer is set up properly.
- Confirm your printer settings by tapping on DONE. The printer should now be set up to work on your tablet.
Connecting eHopper BTP-R180II Printer to Windows
A. You must have already installed the printer's driver.
1. Click on this link: https://www.crs-usa.com/products/printers/snbc-btp-r180ii-thermal-receipt-printer-series-
2. Scroll down and select 32 and 64 bit Windows Driver - Win 10 Compatible.
3. The download will appear on the bottom of your screen. Click on it once the download is complete.
B. You must have already installed Device Center. To do this, please follow the instructions on this link: Installing Device Center.
C. You must have already assigned the printer to Device Center.
1. You will need to launch Device Center with administrator privileges. To do this, search for Device Center Configuration Tool on your Windows device, right click it, and select Run as administrator.
2. When Device Center launches, select the Receipt Printer tab--->right click on the BTP printer and select Print Test Page.
- If it prints, it means that Device Center recognizes the printer.
Setting Up eHopper BTP-R180II Printer in Windows POS
1. Log in to POS and in the left navigation menu, go to Settings--->Printer Setup.
2. In Device Center, select the link next to Device Center URL. It should open on an internet browser.
3. Copy the URL in the page that opens.
4. Paste the URL into the Device Center Address field on the Printer Setup screen.
5. Input any 4 digit security key in the Security Key field (or keep the default random number one) and then input that same security key in the Device Center Security Key field after clicking the Edit button.
6. Click the Apply button.
7. Click Search for printer on the top right of the screen.
8. The printers that you set up in Device Center should appear under both Receipt Printers and Kitchen Printers. Select the one that you want to use with eHopper.
9. Choose either 80mm or 58mm as the paper width for both printer types.
10. Print a test page by clicking Print test page to ensure it works.
11. Click the DONE button.
- The receipt/kitchen printer should now work in eHopper POS.