This article provides instructions of how to connect the eHopper cash drawer to the eHopper BTP-R180II printer and how to set it up in POS.
- If using the BTP-R180II printer, it should be turned on and set up with eHopper.
- If using built-in Poynt printer (must have Freedom account), the Poynt power cord should be inputted to the right-most plug-in on the Poynt charging pad, the Poynt device should be placed on the charging pad, turned on, and then the built-in printer should be set up with eHopper.
Connecting eHopper Cash Drawer to BTP-R180II Printer
1. Input the cash drawer's RJ12 connector to the back of the BTP-R180II printer, above where it says "Cash Drawer."
2. The cash drawer is ready to operate.
Note: If using a Windows device, you will also have to set up the cash drawer on Device Center before use.
Connecting eHopper Cash Drawer to Built-in Poynt Printer
Note: Your Poynt OS must be updated to the latest version (currently .215), Poynt Services must be version 81. and the Poynt accessory must be version 21.
1. Input an Ethernet cord into the left-most plug-in on the Poynt charging pad.
2. Connect the USB Cash Drawer Trigger into one of the center plug-ins on the Poynt device and to the back of the cash drawer.
3. If the Poynt device is on the charging pad, a notification should appear saying that the cash drawer was connected successfully.
4. Select Test Cash Drawer to test that the cash drawer is working.
5. Select Open Drawer.
6. If drawer opened successfully, tap Yes. If not, tap No.
Setting Up eHopper Cash Drawer in POS
1. Log in to eHopper POS
2. In the left navigation menu, tap on Settings--->Cash Drawer
3. Tap Search for cash drawer.
4. In the list that appears, select either the USB Trigger Cash Drawer (if using built-in Poynt printer) or the BTP-R180II printer.
5. Tap Test link to the right of the selected printer. If drawer opens, it is properly set up.
6. Confirm cash drawer settings by tapping DONE.
7. Cash drawer is ready for usage in application.