Table of Contents
eHopper POS is integrated with QuickBooks Online. This allows users to automatically synchronize their sales, inventory, and revenue data with your QuickBooks Plus account, eliminating the need for users to manually input data from eHopper POS into QuickBooks.
- Must have an eHopper Freedom account. To register, visit https://ehopper.com/pricing/
- Must have a Quickbooks Plus Account.
- Must create unique names for all departments, categories, and items in Quickbooks.
1. Sign Up for Quickbooks
1. To start using QuickBooks, register at https://quickbooks.intuit.com.
Note: Only registering with a Quickbooks Plus account will allow it to synchronize with eHopper.
2. Log in to your account.
2. Access Chart of Accounts Page
1. Click on Options--->Chart of Accounts
2. On the next page, click on the See your Chart of Accounts button
3. Create Business Accounts
- On the Chart of Accounts page, you can create business accounts or use existing ones. To synchronize with eHopper, you will have to have a Bank, Asset, Income, Liability, and Expense account set up.
1. Click on the button New in the top right corner.
2. Select the account category in the Category Type drop-down.
- When creating a Bank account, select Bank.
- When creating an Asset account, select either Fixed Assets or Other Assets.
- When creating an Income account, select either Income or Other Income.
- When creating a Liability account, select either Other Current Liabilities or Long Term Liabilities.
- When creating an Expense account, select either Expenses or Other Expense.
3. Select the Detail Type in the drop-down.
- An example of a Detail Type for a Bank Account is Checking.
- An example of a Detail Type for an Asset Account is Inventory.
- An example of a Detail Type for a Liability Account is Other Current Liabilities.
- An example of a Detail Type for an Income Account is Sales and Product Income.
- An example of a Detail Type for an Expense Account is Supplies & Materials.
4. Select a name for the account in the Name field.
5. After you have filled out all the necessary data for the account, click on the Save and Close button.
- The created account will be added to the list of all accounts.
1. Go to Apps--->App Directory in the left navigation menu.
2. Select the QuickBooks app and then click the Connect to QuickBooks button.
3. In the Sign in pop-up window, enter your Email or user ID and Password that you filled out during the registration on the QuickBooks website.
4. Click on the Sign In button.
5. On the next page, click the Authorize button.
6. Click Apps--->QuickBooks Online in the left navigation menu.
7. Select the Bank Account, Asset Account, Income Account, and Expense Account that you set up in Quickbooks and that you would like to use with eHopper.
8. Determine whether you would like a Scheduled Data Sync to occur between eHopper and the chosen Quickbooks accounts by checking the box. Then, select the time you would like the sync to occur in the drop-down. Leave the box blank if you would not like such a sync.
Note: Currently, scheduled data sync only works in UTC time zones, which you can check online to map to your local time zone.
- If new accounts have been created in Quickbooks since connecting Quickbooks with eHopper, select Fetch Quickbooks Accounts on the top right of the screen.
9. Click the SAVE button.
10. To sync eHopper with QuickBooks click the SYNC NOW button.
- Click Details in Synchronized entities to view all the synchronized data.
- Errors can occur during synchronization when: syncing large amounts of data during first sync, at excess timeout, or if invalid account type used. If occurs, you may need to re-synchronize a few times.
Setting Up Sales Tax Rates on Quickbooks
Requirement: Can only be done after the first successful sync.
In the main menu of your QuickBooks account, select Taxes.
2. Click the Set Up Sales Tax Rates button
3. Select Add/edit tax rates and agencies
- On the next page, you can view all your Sales Tax Rates and Agencies.
Importing Tips on Quickbooks
1. Once you arrive at step 2 in the Create Business Accounts section above, choose Other Current Liabilities as the Category Type and Detail Type in both of those respective drop-downs.
2. In the Name field, enter either Gratuity or Tips.
- Leave the Balance field blank.
3. Click on the Save and Close button.
- Tips from transactions will be imported and will appear as an additional line item in Quickbooks as seen in the image below.
- When you open a sale with tips in QB, it appears as Name: Tip Type: Service